What evidence is the DEA looking for during a site inspection?

When you order an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for a domestic property (dwelling) an accredited Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA) will need to visit your house.  The assessor will tour your property looking at its construction and the fixtures present that relate to energy use in your property.  These fixtures include lighting, boilers, heaters and their controls.  The assessor is only interested in things that are part of the building and cannot consider other items such as portable heaters for example.

During the visit, the assessor will need to take certain measurements to work out the Gross Internal Area (GIA).  They will also need to take some photographs to record the evidence they find to allow the EPC produced to be audited.

If you would like to find out more about the process please watch the video below.  Mr Philip Clarkson, one of the DEAs at Rowleys Commercial Energy Assessment Limited has recorded some clips of a recent house inspection explaining the type of evidence he is looking for.

This website uses cookies to offer you the best experience online. Additionally we may collect information you agree to share with us. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy.